My Favorite Headphones! Great In Every Way!

First, let me say that I own three pair of headphones: Denon AH-D1000S, then upgraded to Denon AH-D2000, and these Ultrasone HFI-580 S-Logic Surround. Out of the three, I prefer the Ultrasone HFI-580.

The HFI-580's are very stylish, light and comfortable. And may I add, they have outstanding sound - good clear highs and punchy base - actually better than the Denons to my ears. Also, there is no fatigue with the Ultrasones after listening a long time. As far as the surround effect, I do hear it come through in some music but haven't tried them with movies yet. The AH-D2000's have a smooth, distinct sound, and were the most expensive but are quite heavy and large. However, the base seems to be lacking in both the Denons, at least to me. I do love the AH-1000's for their comfort and good clear sound. I use a small amplifier, which tends to bring out the detail even more and add to listening enjoyment. All in all, I still prefer these Ultrasones for the bright highs, punchy base, and for the lightweight comfort and good looks. These are by far my favorite.


This entry was posted on Saturday, December 20, 2008 at Saturday, December 20, 2008 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment