Audio Technica ATH-A700 : Music in your Head

How do I start this great review:
I should probably say that when I first received theses headphones I almost returned them. That was because I'm a part time DJ of West Coast Swing and Hustle Music. I needed a pair of cans that allowed me to hear the music even when the dance floor was flooded with sound. Noise canceling head phones don't do a thing for drowning out other loud music, but these over-the-ear head phones would. So I ordered a pair of ATHA8700.

When they arrived, I was a little surprised. They weren't good for DJing at all. They were enormous (the cans / ear-cups wrap entirely around the ear) and there was no way to fold them up and transport them. I immediately ordered a pair of Pioneer HDJ1000.

As I awaited for my new Pioneer headphones, I started using the ATHA700s with my computer and for my home stereo and portable MP3 player to listen to music. I was overwhelmed by the quality of sound, the comfort and overall fullness of everything I listened to. It felt that I wasn't just listening to the band/orchestra, I was surrounded by the music.

Don't get me wrong, these aren't surround-sound headphones....they're just so good that they capture all the nuances of the music as if you were playing in the band or the conductor of the orchestra.

The fact is that these headphones impressed me so much that I couldn't bare to part with them. At the end of the day, I use my Pioneers for the DJ booth and parties, and I use my ATHA700s for everything else.

Sound Quality: 10/10
Comfort: 10:10
Portability: 3/10

Pioneers-
Sound Quality: 8/10
Comfort: 7/10
Portability: 9/10

Enjoy,
Erik



This entry was posted on Tuesday, December 2, 2008 at Tuesday, December 02, 2008 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment